I’ve always wanted to use a thumbrest on my Open race gun but could never get it to work because the Safariland 013 holster I’m using doesn’t have the clearance for a thumbrest as I’ve mentioned in this post : Arredondo Thumb Rest
I had to distract myself from some personal issues so I decided to take my new Dremel to the holster and make it work.
Here’s how the thumbrest fits on the gun :
First cut with the cutting blade. Yes I know, VERY sloppy.
Another view :
Test Fit :
Smoothed out the cut, and added Birchwood and Casey’s Metal Polish:
Fully assembled :
Final Fit :
Looks like it works! Now I got to get used to using a thumbrest.