Early Access link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/611720/Practisim_VR/
After a tough few weeks of testing, we finally got to a place where the build is stable enough to be released on Steam Early Access. We’re looking forward to hearing from everyone what you think about the game. Please mind the bugs as there are bound to be many.
We’ll be posting regular updates for the game and hope to bring new content every week or two.
Thank you all for your support!
Wow it’s been a while since I’ve made an update. Was busy shooting Berry’s Steel Open in St. George, UT recently. We have a lot of updates from the past few weeks.
– All 8 Steel challenge stages
– Worldwide leaderboard
– Steel challenge scoreboard, classifier scoreboard
– Menu improvements
– Intro Screen Visual update
– Game and stage selection
– Flashlight improvements
– Beretta M9 Chrome
– Updated Glock 17
– 1911 Model
– International popper model
– Torso model
– Holstered gun model
– Death star
– Moving Death Star
– Polish Plate rack
– Irish plate rack
– Movers, chargers and sliders
– Fixed Oculus world scale
– Improved 180 warning
– Many, many bug fixes.
Sorry I have been radio silent for a while. Just trying to keep trudging along with building more updates to the game. I made some breakthroughs with the Texas star which was bugging me for the longest time. I also managed to get it working for the Oculus Rift and Touch controllers.
Apart from that, here’s the laundry list (changelog) of items that was worked on for this release:
– Oculus Rift & Touch controller support
– Major / Minor Scoring
– Wheelgun & Bren Ten!
– Fixed scoring issue
– No penalty mikes
– Working physics based Texas Star
– Show gun specs, divisions in main menu during gun selection
– Modeled RMR on Glock 17 for Carry Optics
– Change G17 mag capacity to 17 to support new CO rules
– Fix menu brightness in some stages
– Audio bugs
– Allow adjusting of start position due to room size or preference.
– 180s don’t DQ immediately, you have 2s increasing warning period.
– Flood lights on hand and weapon lights on all guns in Night stage
– Adjust timer fonts
– Improved quality of scene (big change)
– Re-position player when starting course
– Make bullets less visible
– Model different bullet-holes based on caliber
– Fix 180 bug when drawing gun
– Professional RO voice
– Simplified Reload mechanism
Those of you who are helping to test, you’ll get an email link to download the latest build soon!
On to the next week!
Whoa! after a difficult Saturday trying to figure out how to fix the sighting systems on the guns, I managed to power through and get a lot done. Here are some updates:
2. Can’t go through walls
4. Updated sights on gun models
5. Night stage
6. Weapon light
7. Audio cues and commands
8. New reload mechanic
9. Doors and ports, activators
10. Destructible objects
11. Course descriptions
12. Activator to prop connectors
13. Clean up main menu
14. Upgraded skyboxes
15. Slide lock animations
umm. yeah I think that’s it. More to come.
Phew. what a few days it’s been. Got a few things done.
1. Menu system
2. new STI model
3. 180 DQ
4. Physics based swingers
5. Clamshell prop
6. Other various improvements to code / structure
I should be able to polish it up a bit more and then I’ll start inviting folks who are interested to give this a test.
Lots of updates and tweaking over the past few days. Got to implement a few things:
1. Menu system to calculate scores and reset the stage.
2. Hitfactor scoring based on your time / score.
3. Included the reddot model provided by Scott of Springer Precision
4. Implemented shader for reddot parallax effect
5. USPSA Targets & noshoots
My first USPSA match of 2017 after a looooong break of no shooting and no dry-firing. Was super cold, super wet and one of those matches that kept everyone asking why they’re out there feeling miserable. That said, there were some really fun stages including one that had all 1/2 sized targets, now that it is legal to use in Level One matches. Those are hard to shoot at! Thanks again to the PB crew for keeping the range open throughout winter.