Finally got to the range to sight-in the C-more sight that I replaced recently. You can see from the video that the new 9mm Major CFE Pistol rounds I loaded is much more consistent and accurate. Excited to finish off my HS-6 loads and start using the CFE rounds.
Ever since I had that crack in my C-more, I haven’t had the chance to replace it until recently. Here’s a quick video of me replacing my existing C-more sight with a brand new one.
Trying out Rain X in my scope lens. Hopefully it’ll be more sweat, condensation and rain resistant. Not sure if it’ll work but it’s an experiment.
Looks like it’s time for stuff to start breaking down. I’ve been shooting over two years with the same gear, maybe only around 7,000-8,000 rounds total without any issues until recently. You’ve seen my problems with the cracked grip (due to loading 29rounds in my magazine) and a cracked c-more scope mount (material taken off from the mount). Most recently during the Paul Bunyan match where Arrun and I switched guns, the c-more dot kept turning off during the match. I discovered that the pin for the dot module had broken off.
As you can see from the image, the pin remained in the c-more base. We didn’t have any tools to remove it at the range so we tried to maintain the electrical connection by using a small piece of metal from a paper clip, that didn’t work.
Dennis, who’s a resourceful tinkerer and home gunsmith suggested we use a more robust and reliable fix using aluminum foil as it’s more “flexible” so during recoil, the aluminum foil can still flex and maintain connectivity, unlike a hard paper clip.
We also added some foil to the hood of the c-more dot cover to hold the module down to maintain the connection to the foil.
This solution worked out well and Arrun was able to finish the final two stages without any problems from the dot.
Looks like I have to find a new replacement dot module, or better yet, find a replacement c-more sight. I’m holding out for a chance at one of the cool new prototype sights that a local shooter has developed but am still unsure how long it would take to get it. For now, I’ve replaced the dot module with a new 8-MOA dot. Hope this will last me for a few more matches.
Just discovered another crack, this time on the C-More Serendipity red-dot that I have on the gun.
you can see the previous owner cut down the mount a little to ease with extraction but after John worked on the gun, that cut was unnecessary. Guess I’ll have to get a new red-dot. 😦
Was very happy to be finally able to shoot this match but after driving an hour, I realized that I forgot to take my rig with me (belt, holster and mag pouches). With the help of the range staff and a few friends (they’re such good people), we found a spare CR Speed holster for the Glock. It didn’t really fit as the trigger guard area was too big for my 2011. Allen Range and his McGuyver mind went into overdrive and fashioned a spacer with pieces of cut up plastic from the USPSA Scoring template and some duct tape. Also, he had to modify the locking mechanism and the muzzle nipple so it’ll fit.
Allen then loaned me one of his CR Speed mag pouches and I’m off to the races.
The folks in the shooting community are all upstanding individuals who are super helpful and will always go to lengths to make things work for you.
Thanks Allen!! Sorry for beating you by one place using your handiwork 🙂
Here’s a deep dive / review / look into the USPSA Open Division race gun that I’ve been shooting for a year now. It’s built a decade ago by a local GM. I bought it used from a fellow shooter here in the PNW. Here’s the breakdown :
DAA Foldable Jet Wings
KIDD Blast Shield
38 Super Comp Ultimatch bull barrel
SV (Old STyle) Compensator
EGW Extractor, ejector & lockwork
SV Frame with stippled polymer grip
Infinity TriGlide widebody trigger bow
Infinity long flat trigger insert
Infinity round commander hammer
SPS magazine 170mm (w Grams guts & 4mm bolens) 29rnds
SV Magazine 170mm (w Grams guts & 3mm bolens) 29rnds
STI 140mm (w Grams guts & 7mm bolens) 22rnds