Nick was one of our dearest friends, USPSA Grandmaster, Area Champion and all round great guy. Both Deri and Nick were instrumental in my development in USPSA and gave me a ton of tips on how to be better. This memorial outlaw match was put together by a team led by Deri and Tim Ramberg.
I teamed up with Jason Hall to form “Team Hall & Lokes”. There were four stages of crazy and difficult shooting which was super fun. You can see how much we struggled especially with the gear and stage execution but managed to squeak in at 11th place overall. Hopefully we get to see this match again next year.
We miss you Nick! You would have loved this match.
Early Access link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/611720/Practisim_VR/
After a tough few weeks of testing, we finally got to a place where the build is stable enough to be released on Steam Early Access. We’re looking forward to hearing from everyone what you think about the game. Please mind the bugs as there are bound to be many.
We’ll be posting regular updates for the game and hope to bring new content every week or two.
Thank you all for your support!
Wow it’s been a while since I’ve made an update. Was busy shooting Berry’s Steel Open in St. George, UT recently. We have a lot of updates from the past few weeks.
– All 8 Steel challenge stages
– Worldwide leaderboard
– Steel challenge scoreboard, classifier scoreboard
– Menu improvements
– Intro Screen Visual update
– Game and stage selection
– Flashlight improvements
– Beretta M9 Chrome
– Updated Glock 17
– 1911 Model
– International popper model
– Torso model
– Holstered gun model
– Death star
– Moving Death Star
– Polish Plate rack
– Irish plate rack
– Movers, chargers and sliders
– Fixed Oculus world scale
– Improved 180 warning
– Many, many bug fixes.
Sorry I have been radio silent for a while. Just trying to keep trudging along with building more updates to the game. I made some breakthroughs with the Texas star which was bugging me for the longest time. I also managed to get it working for the Oculus Rift and Touch controllers.
Apart from that, here’s the laundry list (changelog) of items that was worked on for this release:
– Oculus Rift & Touch controller support
– Major / Minor Scoring
– Wheelgun & Bren Ten!
– Fixed scoring issue
– No penalty mikes
– Working physics based Texas Star
– Show gun specs, divisions in main menu during gun selection
– Modeled RMR on Glock 17 for Carry Optics
– Change G17 mag capacity to 17 to support new CO rules
– Fix menu brightness in some stages
– Audio bugs
– Allow adjusting of start position due to room size or preference.
– 180s don’t DQ immediately, you have 2s increasing warning period.
– Flood lights on hand and weapon lights on all guns in Night stage
– Adjust timer fonts
– Improved quality of scene (big change)
– Re-position player when starting course
– Make bullets less visible
– Model different bullet-holes based on caliber
– Fix 180 bug when drawing gun
– Professional RO voice
– Simplified Reload mechanism
Those of you who are helping to test, you’ll get an email link to download the latest build soon!
On to the next week!
Whoa! after a difficult Saturday trying to figure out how to fix the sighting systems on the guns, I managed to power through and get a lot done. Here are some updates:
2. Can’t go through walls
4. Updated sights on gun models
5. Night stage
6. Weapon light
7. Audio cues and commands
8. New reload mechanic
9. Doors and ports, activators
10. Destructible objects
11. Course descriptions
12. Activator to prop connectors
13. Clean up main menu
14. Upgraded skyboxes
15. Slide lock animations
umm. yeah I think that’s it. More to come.